A Volunteer Teacher's Adventure!

I've just graduated from college and have become, officially, a Response Ability volunteer. I'm looking forward to my first year of teaching and being a volunteer. Stay tuned for some exciting ups and downs!

Monday, September 03, 2007

connected! (or) a lesson in patience

so our house has just set up the internet connection...this took so long because we were transferring the account from the old house to this new house. i thought as the two week mark passed that i would be able to survive without the technology of the internet because really, it's not that important. but as the third week rolled by and i was struggling to create my lesson plans, i realized how much we depend on the internet and how useful it is. now, as it is the eve of the first day of school, i feel so much more relaxed because i am connected to the internet and a plethora of resources. what did teachers do before the internet? think of how many great ideas were not shared because there was not the means to do it...

on a whole, i'm adjusting fairly well to the move to dc and to living with my roommates and my school culture. i think the only time i was feeling less than okay was last week when my classroom was still unorganized and a mess and i had no direction. i also felt a little isolated from my community and was feeling like i was catching a cold. so obviously, all that piled up and i had to call my mom to get some heavy baggage off of my chest. and as i was calling her, i thought...this is funny because i can recognize those times now when i just need to cry or need to be supported. i'm assuming another one will come a little later in the semester when things are due in grad classes and something else is happening at school that is big.

anyway, the first day of school is tomorrow and i must be over-prepared for my little ones..

1 Comments:

Blogger sacrificed_ink said...

I'm so excited for you! I'll call you and see how the first day of school went. I'm sure you'll do great! I want to be in your class! Hee hee.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home